Last Updated: February 3, 2012
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
In general, and unless you register with us and create an account, you can use our Services without giving us any personal information. However, we may gather certain (non-personal) information such as records of your activity on the Web site without you registering with us and giving us personal information.
We collect information about you in various ways. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, date of birth, postal address, phone number, and other information you provide. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you.
When you visit our Web site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Web site your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the Web site you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Web site.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Web site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Web site or in connection with our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Web site and Services;
- to maintain and administer your accounts and membership profiles;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver your products and services and to send you related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Coinstar and our selected partners;
- link or combine your information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own services and marketing purposes (subject to their separate privacy policies);
- with authorized third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. These third parties may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions on our behalf but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose unless we have obtained additional consent from you;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Some of the links presented on our Web site direct you to Web sites owned by third parties. If you click on those links, you will be redirected to the third party's Web site, where that third party may collect information about you. Please refer to the “Hyperlinks” section of Coinstar’s Web Site Terms and Conditions for further information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please remember that the Internet is not a secure medium. Communications over the Internet including e-mails are not secure.
Coinstar takes reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ABROAD
Coinstar may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
European privacy law permits the export of personal data to other countries subject to the provision of adequate levels of protection for the processing of such personal data. We will ensure that transfers outside the EEA are subject to adequate safeguards as data protection standards in those countries may differ from those in the EEA.
Coinstar Inc.is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. Coinstar Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement with respect to personal data transferred from the EU to the U.S. For more information about the Safe Harbor program and to view Coinstar Inc.’s certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site.
HOW TO GET COPIES OF OR AMEND THE INFORMATION WE HAVE COLLECTED
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time. You may correct any inaccuracies in the online account information you have provided to us by signing in to your online account or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org the change.
DIRECT MARKETING AND YOUR PREFERENCES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Coinstar by following the instructions in those emails. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by emailing info@coinstar or by logging into My Coinstar. In such cases Coinstar would not necessarily remove all your personal data from its database(s) but would note and respect your changed direct marketing preferences.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. Any opt-out of emails from Coinstar will add your name to the opt-out list of Coinstar but may not guarantee that other affiliated Coinstar companies unrelated to the Coin business will not send you promotional emails.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Coinstar may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com